Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

mmmm christmas time

I revert to being about 5 yrs old when Christmas comes around every year. I love the lights, trees, snow, and hustle bustle of it all. This year was a year of firsts for me. My first christmas as a wife, as a Larsen, and the first christmas spent with my new in laws. I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect and if I would feel at home and cozy as I think we all should during this special time of year... But no need for worries in the end, all is well! I had a wonderful white christmas in Utah filled with skiing, hot chocolate and lots of love! It is nice to be able to say that I already feel at home here with my new family. I couldn't have asked for better in laws :) Happy Holidays and a big Thank You to my wonderful family and friends for the joy they bring to my life! A special shout out if you will to my wonderful husband of almost a year now.. I love him so much!

I have thought a lot lately about my priorities and what christmas really means to me. Sometimes, almost always I go overboard on gifts and spend way more than I want to but I cant think of anything I love more than giving presents and putting smiles on my loved ones faces. But I cant get out of my head the many people that don't have loved ones to spoil and love them, or the numerous struggling families right now. So we do the ornament thing at church and donate gifts to good causes for children, but there has to be more! Is it better to try and help as many as you can a little bit or pick a few and really strive to help them feel Christ's love and their worth in this great big world? I need some thoughts from you all... I feel such an urge to reach out because we have been so richly blessed but am unsure where or how to start...??? Any thoughts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment